Puffer Fish Amigurumi Free Pattern
Hundreds of amigurumi animal patterns are with you for free. This cute amigurumi puffer fish pattern is looking forward to you.
You will need
Yarn in 2 contrast colors
Hook O Eyes – optional
SC – single crochet
inc – increase (make 2 sc from one)
dec – decrease (2 sc to one)
dbl.inc – double increase (make 3 sc from one)
dbl.dec – double decrease (3 sc to one)
Lips (make 2)
Crochet with dark yarn.
1) 6 sc into the magic ring = 6
2) 6 incs = 12
3) 12 sc = 12
4) 12 sc = 12
5) 6 decs
Bind off the yarn on the first lip, continue on the second lip.
Crochet two lips together with 3 SC – in the result 6 “open” sc will remain
Change color. Continue with lighter yarn.
1)Make a classic Amigurumi circle with 6 incs in every row until you have 72 sc in the row.
2) Work even for 8 more rows (= 72 sc in every row)
Body in Dark and Light
Continue changing colors in every 3rd row until the end of the body
1) Work even for 8 rows (= 72 sc in every row)
2) make 6 decs in every row until you have 6 sc in the row
Fill the toy while working forming a ball. If you changed colors in every 3rd row you have dark yarn in work at the end. Don’t bind off, continue the tail.
Fish Tail (widening part)
Make sure that all the dbl.incs are strictly overhead and below.
Crochet additional sc if needed
1) (1 dbl.inc, 2 sc) x 2 = 10 (make 1 additional sc)
2) (1 dbl.inc, 4 sc) x 2 = 14 (make 1 additional sc)
3)… and so on, increasing 2 sc overhead and below in every row until you have 30 sc in the row
Fish tail (2 narrowing parts):
1) 8 sc, skip 15 next sc, 7 sc = 15
2) 6 sc, 1 dbl.dec, 6 sc = 13
3) 5 sc, 1 dbl.dec, 5 sc = 11
4)… and so on, increasing 2 sc inside the tail in every row until you have 3 sc in the row
5) Bind off leaving a long yarn, close with the needle, hide yarn inside the tail.
Finish the second narrowing part in the same way.
Glue on, sew on or embroider the eyes. You fish is ready!